Thursday, October 15, 2009

Snail mail appreciation

Being in the middle of a New Hampshire forest, I'm always excited to receive mail from the outside world. Recently, I've been getting quite a bit! Halloween decorations, various goodies for upcoming friends' birthdays, and tissues because I'm sick ... thanks for the love, guys =)
Yesterday, I was thrilled to find the latest copy of my high school newspaper, The Winged Post, in my mailbox. They did a such a great job! You can see some of the articles online here.


This morning, I was so excited to pick up a package from a wonderful friend who mailed me a real pumpkin and Halloween candy!


In this age of email and online chatting, do you still send things by snail mail? What's the best bit of mail you've received lately?

4 comments:

  1. I love getting stuff in the mail! When I mentioned to Anthony that I missed eating Asian food (since western MA doesn't seem to have much of it) he promptly sent me a hugeeee package full of Asian snacks, complete with a bowl and chopsticks to eat ramen with! Yay :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! And for the moon festival a while back, my uncle shipped me a package of mooncakes from Boston that his wife's sister had sent allllll the way from Taiwan. Those mooncakes sure did do quite a bit of traveling!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I send things to my daughter, and sometimes she sends things back. My latest package is a gift for my mother's birthday, and I'm thrilled it got here in time. It sounds like you have good friends.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete