Thursday, April 26, 2012

Overnight Oats


Oatmeal and muesli just had a baby.

It's celebration time.

Blueberries, walnuts and blackberry jam are invited. 

You know what makes this party extra special? Breakfast is ready in 30 seconds.  Not an exaggeration.  I'm more than a little obsessed.  I had this every morning when I worked in New York over the winter.  It's delicious, healthy and kept me feeling full for hours. Get on this.


Overnight Oats

serves 1

1/2 cup rolled oats (not instant!)
2/3 cup milk
Toppings: I used a handful of blueberries, chopped walnuts, and a spoonful of jam for sweetness. Other great ideas would be sliced bananas, brown sugar, pecans, cinnamon, really anything goes.

Mix milk and rolled oats in a mug and store in fridge overnight. By the next morning, the mixture will have thickened and taste like a delicious cold cereal-muesli. Mix in toppings.



5 comments:

  1. Love overnight oats!! Yum Yum :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Latest Stocks and Shares Rates, Exchange Rates of International Market News Updates, Brokers Directory, National News, Stock Markets, TopNews Arab Emirates, Dollar Exchange Rates, Current Exchange and More Forex Business Update News.
    latestfxmarket.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. it sounds delicious.


    I like to play online game,such as RuneScape.I always buy the items online.So I am familiar with the safest and convenient way to buy RS Gold online.There are: http://www.rsgoldfast.com/

    ReplyDelete